What is the difference between a simulated diamond and a real one?
Avoid spending thousands on a real diamond when you can purchase a simulated diamond at a fraction of the price and no one will be able to tell the difference.
We've talked about how much to spend on an engagement ring, and we've talked about and what an alternative engagement ring is, but we want to dive into the details about the diamonds. Let's get to know the real differences between a real diamond and a simulated diamond. They might not be as different as you think!
Simulated Diamonds vs. Real Diamonds
1. Grown in nature versus a lab. The main difference is where the process required to create a diamond happens. With simulated diamonds, the perfect atmosphere to create a diamond is replicated in a lab, where as a real diamond is grown naturally within the earth below the surface and must be then mined.
2. Condition. When diamonds are grown in a lab or simulated they can be created to perfection. Natural diamonds will always have some flaws even if they are the very best quality.
3. Conflict Diamonds vs. Simulated Diamonds. According to Geology.com, "Blood Diamonds, also known as "Conflict Diamonds," are stones that are produced in areas controlled by rebel forces that are opposed to internationally recognized governments. The rebels sell these diamonds, and the money is used to purchase arms or to fund their military actions." Purchasing simulated or conflict-free diamonds can help avoid supporting conflict diamonds.
4. Visually Identical. Real diamonds and simulated diamonds, are visually the same when you look at them with a naked eye. No one will be able to tell the difference between the two, unless you tell them.
5. Price. Another very important difference is the price! By creating the perfect conditions in a lab to simulate diamonds, then the price can be way less expensive and more budget friendly. Real diamonds are more expensive due to the process required to mine real diamonds.
Overall, our rings use only the highest quality 100% simulated diamond material (AAA CZ) stones and set in certified 925 sterling silver band is plated to prevent any tarnishing. Our rings will never turn your finger green or leave any types of markings behind. And no one will be able to tell the difference! Check out this picture below, one is real and one is simulated. Can you tell which is which???