Avoid spending thousands on a real diamond when you can purchase a simulated diamond at a fraction of the price and no one will be able to tell the difference.
What is the difference between a simulated diamond and a real one?
We've talked about how much to spend on an engagement ring, and we've talked about and what an alternative engagement ring is, but we want to dive into the details about the diamonds. Let's get to know the real differences between a real diamond and a simulated diamond. They might not be as different as you think!
Simulated Diamonds vs. Real Diamonds
1. Grown in nature versus a lab. The main difference is where the process required to create a diamond happens. With simulated diamonds, the perfect atmosphere to create a diamond is replicated in a lab, where as a real diamond is grown naturally within the earth below the surface and must be then mined.
2. Condition. When diamonds are grown in a lab or simulated they can be created to perfection. Natural diamonds will always have some flaws even if they are the very best quality.
3. Conflict Diamonds vs. Simulated Diamonds. According to Geology.com, "Blood Diamonds, also known as "Conflict Diamonds," are stones that are produced in areas controlled by rebel forces that are opposed to internationally recognized governments. The rebels sell these diamonds, and the money is used to purchase arms or to fund their military actions." Purchasing simulated or conflict-free diamonds can help avoid supporting conflict diamonds.
4. Visually Identical. Real diamonds and simulated diamonds, are visually the same when you look at them with a naked eye. No one will be able to tell the difference between the two, unless you tell them.
5. Price. Another very important difference is the price! By creating the perfect conditions in a lab to simulate diamonds, then the price can be way less expensive and more budget friendly. Real diamonds are more expensive due to the process required to mine real diamonds.
Overall, our rings use only the highest quality 100% simulated diamond material (AAA CZ) stones and set in certified 925 sterling silver band is plated to prevent any tarnishing. Our rings will never turn your finger green or leave any types of markings behind. And no one will be able to tell the difference! Check out this picture below, one is real and one is simulated. Can you tell which is which???
Read what our customers have to say:
We love our rings and wear them all the time for long periods of time without ever turning our fingers green! Don't just take our word for it, read what others are saying about Starlette Galleria rings.
Absolutely Love My Rings
I recently came across Starlette Galleria via Instagram and I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical at first, but decided to order and see for myself how great the product was. When my rings arrived last week, I was so impressed with the quality for the price. I did a single ring and then 3 stackable rings and I love every single piece! I’ve already received so many compliments and people asking where I purchased them from. I’d definitely recommend to others and can’t wait to see what other pieces come out as I’m sure it won’t be long until I’m purchasing more. Thank you so much!! – Mary C.
I absolutely love this ring! I bought it to be a back-up for my wedding ring (for when it is being cleaned, or when I am on vacation and don't want to bring my expensive jewelry). But, now that I have it, I find myself wanting to wear it every day! It is seriously so much prettier in person, too. Fits true to size, as well! – Amber S.
Stunning in Silver
This ring fulfills all of my 4-carat diamond dreams for a fraction of the cost. I've ordered some beautiful rings from her before but this one makes me feel like an absolute Queen when I wear it. It's even more stunning in person than it was online with the quality to match. 10/10 would recommend this ring and Starlette Galleria. - Katie B.
"Diamonds are a girl's best friend."
— Marilyn Monroe
Are you ready to try one of our Starlette Galleria rings yet?? They are perfect for engagement rings, travel rings, maternity rings, switching up your look, as a placeholder, and more. Now you can try them with a discount. Take 25% off your next purchase with the code BLOG.
About Starlette Galleria
My name is Olivia and I am a connoisseur of luxury jewelry. But let’s be honest, good jewelry that won’t turn your skin green is expensive and sometimes still doesn’t last. That is why I created this little space, for women just like you and me! We are serving up quality jewelry at a fraction of the price.